Makes: Four servings
This tasty entree is a perfect light option for Mother's Day dinner.
4 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cups chicken broth
1-2 tablespoons capers, drained
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cups dry white wine
1 tablespoons garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick. Pat dry and season with salt & pepper. Dust each side with flour.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan. Place chicken in pan and cook each side for 3 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate.
3. Deglaze pan with wine and add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat scraping brown bits off of the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice and capers. Return chicken to pan and cook on medium-low heat for 2-5 minutes allowing chicken to cook thru.
5. Transfer the chicken again to a plate. Add butter to sauce and stir until melted. Pour the sauce over chicken.
6. Serve with a side of linguine with butter and parmesan cheese.
Source: Stacy Bartsch, food blogger at Just a Fork and a Spoon
Credit: Stacy Bartsch