South Milwaukee father grieves over son's accidental death
Cody Holyoke reports Video by tmj4.comvideo
SOUTH MILWAUKEE--A father is grieving after his son died on Saturday. Craig Witek came home and found his son unconscious in his bedroom. His son, Gage Witek, had placed a bag over his head and tied a scarf around his neck.
Witek attempted CPR before calling the police. 12-year-old Gage Witek was pronounced dead on the scene. His father believes that Gage did not take his own life on purpose, but tried seeking a natural high by playing what some call the "choking game."
"It's crazy that kids are chasing these highs, and I wish parents could try to get together and educate kids better," Craig Witek said.
Witek wants to make sure that his son did not die in vain, he wants to make awareness in order to prevent this horrible tragedy.
"It has to be known that this is happening in our communities everywhere, and if it's not talked about and awareness isn't raised, more children are going to die a horrible death this way,"
South Milwaukee Middle School has sent a letter to parents of students, addressing this deadly problem.
There's a fundraiser next week to help the family of Gage Witek. The fundraiser will help the family and raise awareness about the 'choking game.'
Fundraiser: Saturday, September 29 at Monkey Bar in Milwaukee from 5 p.m. until midnight.