Father warns South Milwaukee parents after son died from 'choking game'
SOUTH MILWAUKEE - The death of a 12-year-old boy, found in bed with a plastic bag over his head, is being ruled an accident by the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner.
Gage Witek's father, Craig Witek, told investigators his son was a happy child who loved life.
The 12-year-old's father believes that his son died after playing a "choking game."
"Until the day I die....I will fight to stop these senseless deaths. I plan to start a website and visit schools to help raise awareness and educate kids and parents about the dangers of these games," said Craig Witek in an email to the media.
Witek urged parents in South Milwaukee to "talk to your sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, and any child you know. No parent should have to find their child like I found mine."
Authorities believe the boy died from auto-erotic asphyxiation.