Electric problem fixed before Chippewa Falls fire
CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (AP) -- Chippewa Falls' fire chief says an electrical problem was fixed before a fire destroyed a restaurant, tattoo shop and apartments.
Chief Tom Larson says a city inspector sent an electrician to the building housing the businesses and apartments on Tuesday after residents complained about electrical system odors.
Authorities say the blaze that destroyed the building and damaged two adjacent structures started in the second-floor apartments early Wednesday. Larson says it's unclear how the fire started, but that it spread quickly.
The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram (http://bit.ly/NltLo5 ) reports one man was injured in the fire and a woman was rescued from a second-floor window.
The Hong Kong Chinese restaurant is relocating to a vacant bakery. The owner of Touch of Class Ink is sifting through debris, looking for anything salvageable.
Information from: Leader-Telegram, http://www.leadertelegram.com/