Man cited for starting grass fire in Mukwonago
MUKWONAGO- A man trying to "smoke out squirrels" will be cited for starting a grass fire.
TODAY'S TMJ4 reports that the man will be charged $175 for violating the village's burn ban.
Ted Dietzler and his neighbors sprung into an all volunteer fire department as the fire quickly charged up the hill in his backyard. He says flames were 15 to 20 feet high.
"We were getting hoses from everybody from 20 houses away," said Dietzler.
The 20-acre fire then made its way toward Bill Wilde's home on the other side of the hill.
"As I looked outside the fire was coming across the neighbors lawns just as fast as a flame thrower could throw it," described Wilde.
It didn't take long for dried out lawns to go quickly. The fire surrounded one house but the home was untouched. Seven different fire department were on the scene making sure no homes would catch fire.