Recall elections this month
MADISON - Wisconsin is one week away from the start of recall elections for nine state senators.
The list includes three Democrats and six Republicans.
First primaries: Tuesday, July 12th; subsequent recall election: Tuesday, August 9th
Next week, voters will first select the Democrats who will run against the six Republican incumbents who are up for recall. The recall election happens the second Tuesday of August.
Primaries involving GOP senators and Democratic challengers
• District 2: Otto Junkermann vs. Nancy Nusbaum; winner faces GOP Senator Robert Cowles on August 9th
• District 8: Gladys Huber vs. Sandy Pasch; winner faces GOP Senator Alberta Darling on August 9th
• District 10: Shelly Moore vs. Issac Weix; winner faces GOP Senator Sheila Harsdorf on August 9th
• District 14: Rol Church vs. Fred Clark; winner faces GOP Senator Luther Olsen on August 9th
• District 18: John Buckstaff vs. Jessica King; winner faces GOP Senator Randy Hopper on August 9th
• District 32: Jennifer Shilling vs. James Smith; winner faces GOP Senator Dan Kapanke on August 9th
Second set of primaries and first recall election involving challenge against Democrat: Tuesday, July 19th; subsequent recall election: Tuesday, August 16th
Two weeks from now brings the first recall election against a Democratic incumbent and a pair of primaries involving Republican challengers who would face Democrats on August 16th.
• District 30: Democratic incumbent Dave Hansen vs. GOP challenger David Vanderleest
• District 12: Robert Lussow vs. Kim Simac; winner faces Democratic incumbent Jim Holperin
• District 22: Fred Ekornaas vs. Jonathan Steitz; winner faces Democratic incumbent Robert Wirch