Candle or Cigarette Believed To Be Cause of Waukesha Fire
It happened over the weekend. Video by tmj4.comvideo
WAUKESHA - A candle or cigarette is believed to have sparked an apartment fire in Waukesha.
Dozens of people had to find someplace to stay after the fire.
The Waukesha Fire Marshal admits that response to the fire was slow.
"To say how much it impacted he damage, I couldn't say, but the fire was already well ahead of where we would have liked it to have been when we got there," said Marshal Brian Charlesworth.
The apartment building is expected to be deemed a complete loss.
Related content: Click here for more on this story.