Seen on Live at Daybreak
Rosella Rago recipe
- 1 cup Garbanzo Flour
- 2 cups tepid water
- 2 Tbs of fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Cutting board
- Frying pan
- Vegetable Oil
- Combine flour, water, and a pinch of salt in a pot, mix well with an electric mixer (you will see bubbles continue mixing until all bubbles and lumps are clear).
- Next move pot to the stove and place on medium heat. Add the parsley and a pinch of salt and mix well. Also add a pinch of pepper as desired.
- Continuously stir flour/water on stove until thickened.
- Remove from stove, pour mix onto cutting board, spread mixture out on board and let cool.
- Once cooled cut into squares, about 3”x3” and about a 1/4" in thickness.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with vegetable oil, heat oil, once the oil is hot we are ready to fry the Panelle.
You want each side of the Panelle to be a golden brown in color and crispy in texture.
The amount of time it will take to fry depends on how hot the oil is. You don't want the oil too hot, you want to fry the Panelle slowly so that they don’t burn.
You can serve the Panelle with marinara sauce for dipping, use them in a sandwich, or alone.