Seen on TMJ4
Live at Daybreak: Celebrity chef Rossella Rago
Festa Italiana is going on this weekend at the Summerfest grounds.
Of course one of the big draws is the food. Celebrity chef Rossella Rago was on Live at Daybreak. She's the host of the popular online cooking show 'Cooking With Nonna'. She'll be at Festa this weekend.
For a light summer recipe, try the Spaghetti with Broccoli Rabe and Vongole from Rossella Rago:
1 Lb Spaghetti
3 Lbs Vongole - Cockles or 3 Dz little neck clams
1 lB Broccoli Rabe
5 Cloves garlic
1 Tbs Fresh parsley
1/2 Cup White wine
Hot pepper as desired
EV Olive oil
- Wash very well the Vongole under cold water to remove any sand.
- Blanch the Broccoli Rabe for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- In a large sauté` pan, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the garlic whole.
- Sauté` the garlic until it turns blonde.
- Add the Vongole and the white wine and 1/2 of the parsley. Add hot pepper as desired and cover the pan.
- When the Vongole are all open add the Broccoli Rabe and toss for 2-3 minutes.
- Boil the spaghetti 3/4 of the way and add them to the pan. Save 1-2 cups of pasta water and set aside.
- Toss the spaghetti with all the other ingredients for about 3 minutes. If the spaghetti dries, add some pasta water and continue tossing.
- Add the remainder of the fresh parsley, give it a final toss and serve.