Call 4 Action
Five things to get done before Christmas
MILWAUKEE - Now that Christmas is just one week away, you might want to take action on some last minute details.
What should we be thinking about?
There are a lot of things to remember as we get closer to Christmas.
Here are five things to pay extra attention to:
1) If you want it to get there by Christmas, get those packages shipped right away.
The longer you wait, the more it will cost.
2) If you have not received a package that you have been waiting on, track it now and follow through with the merchant or shipper.
3) Buy batteries or accessories that may be needed to make a special gift work on Christmas Day.
4) Take back holiday themed merchandise. You may not be able to return these items after Christmas.
5) Confirm travel reservations, and put together a "plan b" just in case you run into trouble with flight delays, illness, or other unexpected challenges.
What do you do if a something you have ordered is missing or not expected to arrive in time for Christmas?
Ask the merchant if the item can be re-ordered, and if they can offer expedited shipping.
Also ask about cancellation and return policies, and if they will cover the cost of expedited shipping, especially if the delay was caused by a problem on their end.
If you are cannot resolve the issue with the merchant, and you need the item by Christmas, you may want to order from a competitor.
If you paid with a credit card, you may be able to dispute the charges later.
If you are worried about how weather or a family illness could affect your plans, can you still buy travel insurance?
Some carriers will allow you to purchase coverage up to 24 hours before departure.
However, there may not be coverage for pre-existing health conditions.